Wednesday 25 April 2012

Another Lush fave...

So you may be able to tell that I like Lush. I know loads of people hate it (including my mum, who sends me in to buy presents for people because she can't stand the smell! haha) but I love it. I love the fact that its natural, against animal testing and just a bit different from standard soap/shampoo/skin care products. Anyway enough of my rambling. I suffer from dry lips, that get so chapped during the weather change between Winter and Spring which drives me a little mad. As many things just do not work. So when I came across Lush's Lip Scrubs in my local store I was eager to give them a try.


There are three flavours, Bubblegum, Mint Julips and Sweet Lips. I have Mint Julips because I wasn't a huge fan of the sweeter ones, and this smells amazing, its like peppermint creams. Basically the product is made from sugar and oils like jojoba and peppermint and you just rub it across your lips to get rid of dry and dead skin and because it hasn't got anything nasty in it you can just lick the excess off if you want, I know some people don't but I do it doesn't really bother me. It leaves my lips feeling very smooth and its perfect for using before applying lipstick. It retails for £4.95 which I will say is a bit pricey but I have had mine for a few months now and it does last a long time, as you can see from the photo, I use it probably 5-6 times week, basically when I notice my lips chapping or if I want to apply a particularly drying lipstick. I would recommend this product if like me you suffer from dry/flakey lips, if you don't like minty flavours or scents maybe try one of the others, but I love this is very refreshing and feels slightly tingly which I like.

2 comments: