Saturday 23 June 2012

Power of Botanics!

Apologies for the lack of posts i've been working at a summer school so i've had no internet for the past week and a bit, but i'm back now! For the past couple of weeks i've been trying a new day cream and I thought i'd do a review on it now. It is the Botanics Radiant Youth Protecting Day Cream with SPF 15 from Boots and it was £7.99. I couldn't find it online so maybe it's only available instore?!


First of all the packing is nothing special to be honest, although I do like the box it comes in, but its just a white plastic pot but that doesn't bother me too much as it just sits in my bathroom. You get 50ml of product which I think is pretty good and a little goes a long way with this product which I like, I much prefer lighter moisturisers than really heavy feeling products.

This acts as a great base for make-up and i've definitely noticed that my foundation and powder stay in place a lot longer than without this cream, so that's been a huge plus while i've been working long days, I haven't had to worry about reapplying and the SPF has worked a treat (well on the two days of vague sun we had last week!). My skin has felt much better as well, not as tight and the dry patches on my cheeks have cleared up which i'm really happy about. The only thing negative about this product is the smell when it you first put it on, I cannot describe it but I really don't like it at all, however it doesn't last long which is good, but it is slightly offputting to start with, however i've persevered because it has really helped my skin a lot. So all in all I would definitely recommend this product to anyone looking for a light day cream suitable for young adult skin and i'll be repurchasing this when mine runs out.

I hope everyone is well and having a lovely weekend.
xx

2 comments:

  1. this is interesting -- i have never heard of this before!
    recently, i found my holy grail daytime moisturizer -- clinique's dramatically different moisturizing lotion. i love it!

    -alexandra
    http://alexisinodak.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was using the Clinique Superdefence moisturiser which I must admit I do prefer and I have used for years! But for only £7.99 I can't complain about this Botanics one! x

      Delete